Despite a media crackdown in Iran following their disputed presidential elections, many young Iranians have been able to communicate with the outside world by using Twitter. Here are some of the Tweets that have managed to get out so far.
1. Riots in street. Cars burning. Just scored tix to Jonas Bros concert in Damascus!! #jonasbrothers
2. @farzad Dude, assloads of people marching outside. Did something happen? Been hittin tha chronic w/my boyz this wk.
3. Forget about all this Ahmedinijad and Mousavi crap – have you seen the new topless pic of Lindsay Lohan? Hot!! #lindsaylohan
4. @ramesh WTF, girl? You can’t come over to help me w/hmwrk but you have time to meet Behrouz for lunch? Way uncool! #bitch
5. Had lamb kabob and kateh for breakfast. Going to check out Year One at multiplex with my posse. Death to America. #jackblack
1. I don't know who this is but if you ask to see my daughter's knees one more time I will break you.
2. I wish everyone on the street would hush up. They're about to announce whether Madonna got that baby. #madonnaisgod
3. Thousands marching! Streets packed with young Iranians. Total gropefest! Partayzies!
4. I stopped being upset that my vote doesn't count once I heard about America's electoral college. LAME!
5. @sharzi OMG, I am ttlly out of lip wax, the streets are packed, and Mohammed is picking me up at 6! Plz tell me you have a Sally's Beauty by your house!
If any of you have seen any tweets from our Persian brethren and sistren, please let us know in the Comments section below.